Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged switches (Figure 1), part of the Cisco Small Business networking solutions, are a line of unmanaged switches that provide wire-speed Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to connect your small business office. Available in desktop and rack-mount models, these switches are designed to suit any office space with basic network needs and to optimize power efficiency. They use less power and provide the robust, reliable connectivity your business demands, as well as support for advanced features such as quality of service (QoS) - all in a switch that you can set up yourself, in minutes. A business-class, affordable network solution, Cisco 100 Series switches bring the proven reliability and investment protection of Cisco networking solutions to your small business.
Ease of use: Cisco 100 Series switches work right out of the box, with no software to install and nothing to configure. Each switch port independently sets itself for the optimal speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode automatically. As a standards-based Cisco solution, Cisco 100 Series switches are also designed to immediately accommodate all of the devices in your network, including:
◦ Support for 10 megabits per second (Mbps), 100 Mbps, and up to 1 gigabit per second (1000 Mbps) devices in the same network
◦ Automatic cable detection, so you don’t have to worry about using the wrong cable type
◦ Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
● Simple setup: Designed for small office spaces, Cisco 100 Series switches are available in both compact desktop and rack-mount models. The desktop models offer a wall-mount option for discreet mounting under a desk or on the wall of an office or conference room.
● High performance: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the performance you need to run your business applications - including bandwidth-intensive video services - and avoid slow and sluggish networks. It supports up Gigabit Ethernet speeds, unlocking a new level of capacity and performance in your business network and letting you transfer large files in seconds.
● Reduced energy costs: Cisco 100 Series switches are designed to help conserve energy by optimizing power use without compromising performance, which protects our environment and reduces your energy costs. In addition, they support the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods. Most of the switches have no fans, so they run silently and unobtrusively while lowering energy costs.
● Power-over-Ethernet: Cisco 100 Series switches are available with PoE ports on both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability simplifies the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost.
● Support for advanced technologies: All switches include advanced Cisco traffic-handling features to keep your applications running at peak performance. Integrated QoS intelligence on all models automatically prioritizes delay-sensitive services such as voice or video to improve your network’s performance. Fast store-and-forward switching identifies damaged packets and prevents them from being passed on through the network. All of these features run automatically, with no management or configuration required.
● Peace of mind: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the rock-solid reliability you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution has been rigorously tested to ensure optimal uptime and performance. In addition, unlike the purchase of a consumer-grade product, your investment in a Cisco Small Business network will grow with your business.
Switch - 5 ports - unmanaged
5 x 10/100/1000
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Switching capacity: 10 Gbps ¦ Forwarding performance (64-byte packet size) : 7.4 Mpp
MAC address table size
Jumbo frame support
Flow control, Layer 2 switching, auto-negotiation, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, quality of service (QoS), cable diagnostics, loop detection, Energy Efficient Ethernet
IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x
Power, link/activity, cable diagnostics, loop detection
Expansion and Connectivity
5 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
Power adapter - external
DC 12 V
Electric current required
CSA, UL, UL 60950, CSA C22.2, FCC CFR47 Part 15, FCC Part 15 A
Min operating temperature
Max operating temperature
Humidity range operating
10 - 90% (non-condensing)
Min storage temperature
Max storage temperature
Humidity range storage
10 - 90% (non-condensing)